Campbell’s Trucking has been a proud member of the Smiths Falls area for four generations, starting in the early 1950s. It started out as E.J. Campbell and Sons when Eddie (E.J.) Campbell purchased a dump truck in 1956, after he and his wife Evelyn moved back to this area from Sarnia with their family. He hauled logs in the winter and gravel in the summer. His three sons – Mac, Wayne and Ian – gradually joined him.
E.J. retired from the trucking business and the three boys became Campbell’s Trucking in 1985 with Mac at the helm. A shop was built in Smiths Falls during the winter of 2001/2002. In due course Mac’s son Rob, Wayne’s son Matthew, and Ian’s son Tyler became part of the business. Mac passed away in October 2005 and Ian left as an owner in 2009, but the business continues under Rob’s leadership. We have anywhere from 7 – 23 full time employees, depending on the season. In July 2011 we took another big step by taking the everyday business operations out of our homes and into our office, attached to the shop.