AND Irish Homestead Dinner
Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
Smiths Falls Golf & Country Club
The Irish are Coming!
This is a very special year for the annual Smiths Falls & District Chamber golf tournament; we’re hosting a Homestead Dinner!
This year the we are welcoming visitors from Carnew, Ireland for dinner. AND we’ve just heard confirmation that the Irish Ambassador to Canada, His Excellency, James Kelly will be joining us as well!
The group are travelling to Smiths Falls to trace their ancestry to the region and in particular, to the Balfe Family Homestead (now the location of the Smiths Falls Golf & Country Club).
We will also welcome representatives from the Irish Embassy (perhaps the Ambassador himself) for a special dedication ceremony at the club and other Irish descendants from around Canada and the United States.
Your FULL DAY includes your Golfing, Lunch, Dinner, a special re-dedication ceremony AND live music during the day and after dinner. (With thanks to the Town of Smiths Falls for providing the musical acts.)
- You’ll arrive at 11:30 to sign in. At noon we’ll have a delicious BBQ lunch sponsored by Wills Transfer Limited. – Warehousing, Logistics & Intermodal.
- Then we will shotgun start at 1 p.m. and enjoy a fun day out on the course! Find your ringer, it’s a Scramble Game! All for fun!
- We’ll be joined by our special guests from Ireland & representatives from the Irish Embassy when the last teams arrive back at the clubhouse -around 6:00 or 6:30 p.m. for an Irish homestead dedication ceremony. We’ll relax after a long day on the course with some cocktails and the silent auction will be open at this time as well!
- Next we’ll enjoy a delicious roast beef dinner and special Canadian dessert.
- We’ll end the day with a performance of the songs of the Beatles when the live band hits the stage!
Registration is open!
Golfing – individuals or teams of four!
We will happily arrange teams for anyone who does not have four.
Grab your ringer, we’re playing Best Ball!
Scramble Start at 1 p.m. Best Ball Game.
Not a Golfer? Want to come for the Dinner & the Show Only?
We have a limited number of tickets available for the homestead dinner with a dance/live music performance!
Download the Registration form: Golf Tournament and Homestead Dinner Registration Form 2017
Join us for Golf! Take advantage of Early Bird Pricing
- Before June 1st, 2017 – $125 per golfer or $500 for a foursome
- After June 1, 2017 – $150 per golfer or $500 for a foursome
What you get:
- Green fees, Cart, Lunch, Roast Beef Dinner, and Dance with special Live Performance by “A Beatles Tribute Band”, A fabulous day
Please contact the Chamber offices if you have any dietary restrictions.
Join us for Dinner and Dancing only!
- $60 at 6 p.m. – limited number of seats available. (Dinner will be served after the golfers return from the course and we’ve rededicated the Balfe Homestead)
What you get:
- Delicious Roast Beef Dinner and Dance with special Live Performance by “A Beatles Tribute Band”
With thanks to our Sponsors!
Dinner Sponsor – Benefits by Design in Partnership with Certika Financial
Wills Transfer BBQ Lunch Sponsor
- Chartwell Van Horn – Hole in One
- Mike Fair Chevrolet GMC Buick Cadillac – Hole in One
- Smiths Falls Golf and Country Club – the Putting Game
- United Way of Lanark County – EARN program
- McNamee Kilpatrick – Crap shoot
- Healey Transportation
- Kitley Collision
- Valley Custom Cutting
- Hanks Tires
- Corporation of the Town of Smiths Falls
- Cougdin Enterprises Ltd.
- Smith’s Shoes
- Ross Cliffen & Associates
- TD Bank
- Rivington Rally Honda
- Town and Country Chrysler
- Smiths Falls Family Chiropractic
- Gemmells Garden Centre
- Hunt & Dopson
- Lombard Glen
- Tim Hortons Smiths Falls
- Advanced Alarms
With special thanks to
ABOUT THE BAND
2016 Chamber Golf Tournament Photos
Thank you to everyone who helped to make the 2016 Golf Tournament a huge success!
Special Thanks to VIA Rail for their generous donation to our prize table.
Special thanks to our Emcee for the event, Hugh Colton of Town and Country Chrysler in Smiths Falls!
And to Sherry Crummy for the original poster design and for being our photographer for the day!
Also to the committee, to the staff of Lombard Glen and all the golfers for coming and supporting your local Chamber of Commerce.