The Executive Director is the chief staff officer of the Smiths Falls and District Chamber of Commerce (Chamber). The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership and direction on all aspects of operational decisions as they pertain to the Chamber’s activities.
The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the Board of Directors, representing the membership in a pro-active manner by effective management of the Chamber’s human, financial and other resources.
The Executive Director shall ensure the Chamber represents a wide range of business and community interests and that the organization supports the growth and prosperity of its members through its business pillars namely: advocacy, education, networking and member program and services.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors through the President of the Board.
The Executive Director supervises all Chamber staff.
- Good understanding of the business environment and local business issues
- Ability to oversee all financial matters including revenue, expenses and the preparation of budgets
- Public and government relations experience
- Highly developed management and leadership skills
- Experience working with boards and volunteers
- Experience building a cohesive team
- Well defined communication skills both verbal and written
- Advanced working level understanding of Not for Profit finances
- Proficiency in the use of technology and social media tools
- Ability to facilitate the implementation of a strategic management cycle which includes the preparation and monitoring of business plans and annual work plans in support of the board’s strategic plan
- Post-Secondary education in related field considered an asset
- Experience working with a governance board
All qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Deadline: Sun., Dec. 31st, 2017.
This is a full-time position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.