Founded by Michael J. Quigley in 1970, Michael V. Ross joined the firm in 1977 with Michael R. Cliffen joining shortly thereafter in 1979. The newly formed partnership became Quigley Ross & Cliffen.
Michael J. Quigley left the firm in 2001, following his appointment as a Judge of the Superior Court of Justice.
Tim Ray who acted as legal council with the firm, was also appointed a Judge of the Superior Court of Justice in 2008.
In addition to our Law Office in Smiths Falls we also have a branch office in Athens, Ontario, to better serve our clients in the Leeds & Grenville area.
Our Smiths Falls office is located at the “Old Post Office”. We are a Heritage site built in 1894 by the Ministry of Public Works at a cost of $18,416.00. The plans of Thomas Fuller, Dominion Architect, included heavy masonry, steep roofs and wide semi-circular arches for the windows and doors. The postal use of the building was discontinued in 1964 when the Roman Catholic Church acquired the building and used it as a high school until 1978 when the law firm moved into the building.